Sunday, November 6, 2011

Totally Useless Kitchen Equipment

As Thanksgiving rolls around, many of us will be in the kitchen cooking up traditional Turkey Day favorites like mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, turkey, and pumpkin pie. If your family is more like mine, however, no one in your family likes turkey and stuffing leaves you unenthusiastic, so you do non-traditional feasts for Thanksgiving. Last year, my mom and I made a clam bake for Thanksgiving! I wish I had photographs to show you all, it was so delicious. Previous family Thanksgivings have also included roast duck, rack of lamb, and pernil.

Regardless of what you and your family make for Thanksgiving, cooking the meal is usually a monumental task that uses up lots of dishes, utensils, and kitchen implements. Places like Williams Sonoma and Sur la Table sell lots of nifty gadgets to make your cooking expedition easier. Sometimes though, their inventions are totally useless, but at least they lead to a lot of hilarity when browsing your local crockery/cookware shop!

The Huffington Post in this article has compiled a list of 10 of the most useless cooking devices of all time (and the last one contains three-in-one!). I think my favorite is the Roll 'N Pour, for those of us who just can't manage to pour soda out of bottles or milk out of half gallons:




/Edit @ 3:53 pm check out the cabinets behind this guy! SO INTENSE!

Yup, I've definitely gotta get me one of those!

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment